Monday, April 13, 2009

Reservations for Religious minorities

Due to some reason I failed to reach in IITs after my 10+2 (though I worked very hard, but was not brainy enough) and I failed to reach IIMs (because I am not that good in English), I will ensure that my next generation doesn't face such a problem. I always wished that I were a student from reserved category.

I can't change my caste, but I can surely change my religion. And believing that Congress led UPA will win this election and will implement what they have said their manifesto (Oh come on dude!! they have a record of 62 years behind them)

I have started going to Church and know more about the God's word. I think even if God doesn't hear me, Congress will. Another friend of mine has met a Maulavi to know more about Islam. And Godwilling (I am not sure about pre-election God or post-Election God so it is for both the GODs) I and my future genration will become a Sarkari Damaad (Son-in-law of the Indian Governement) as I am going to chuck my forefather's religion soon.

Articles 25, 26, 27 and 28 of the Indian Constitution provides me (I know my English is bad, but I will surely reach IIM) Fundamental right to profess my Religion, but I am being deterred from going to a Temple and being called a Hindu, since that might cost me an IIM seat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliantly articulated with slight mix of sarcasm. Keep up the good work!. Rise your voice with more articles.

anonymous said...

hey dont worry....in coming years even genearal vud be having reservation....as our politicians are really payng attention to reservation..and if all goes right ....i m sure they wud be having complete report and plan to execute and complete the reservation by reserving 100% of the seats....may be in nest 15 yrs around even general wud be having reservaton....keep going our gr8 politicians......

Kalash said...

Intention behind reservation is benign. It's just that it is not correctly implemented. It has got spoilt over the years of politics.

And blaming it on politicians would be wrong because they do what majority of voting population want. If it is not literate responsible people want then it's probably because their percentage in voting population is like peanuts. Unless we vote, nothing can change. Writing blogs to let out frustration would be the lamest thing to do.

Vidrohi said...

Dude..
u missed the whole point altogether..
if u want to convert to a religion X from religion Y and it's genuine change of heart, it's so totally legal in India. But if u r being paid by some-one to do that, it's against our so called secular constitution and it's illegal as well.
But in this case "The reservation for religious minorities" it's like Indian Gov. is paying it's citizens to get converted. Come on think about it. It's so totally against our secularism we stand for and specially against what Congress Party stands for.

I am not against the motive behind reservation. All the sections should be uplifted.
But it has happened in many cases as well as in the case of reservation that it's been misused.
And yes, I want people to vote and that too decisively. That's the whole point in writing this blog. (See the poster on top right corner of my blog.) And not letting out my frustration. If I am able to educate 10 people and they make a decision and vote against policies like these, I think I am successful.